Two Rivers ‘Convergence’ Sauvignon Blanc 2016 scoops a double GOLD medal and 95 points at the
San Francisco International Wine Competition 2017
The largest and most influential international wine competition in America, the San Francisco International Wine Competition (SFIWC) has been setting the standard for professional wine judging since its debut in 1980.
A Double Gold in this wine show means the wine was –
“Outstanding; earning top marks from all judges”.
More information on the show can be found here: http://sfwinecomp.com/
Two Rivers has been making sauvignon blanc since the winery’s first vintage in 2004. Their flagship wine, ‘Convergence’ Sauvignon Blanc, has enjoyed international success for years and winemaker/owner David Clouston believes sauvignon blanc should be cherished.
“Our mission is to select the finest parcels of fruit from the banks of both the Wairau and Awatere Rivers to craft wines that capture and emphasise this region’s intense power. The fruit for this wine is sourced from five separate Marlborough vineyards, each bringing a unique flavour spectrum and giving an abundance of fruit profiles to work with. The wine is then aged on fine yeast lees for 3 months, increasing the texture, complexity and mouth-feel of the palate, making a more age-worthy and food-friendly style”.
The Convergence Sauvignon Blanc has received many other notable accolades including the following:
• “The appeal of this style is undeniable.” – RH on Jancisrobinson.com, UK – 17/20
• “Impressive purity and bright, high energy flavours.” – Bob Campbell MW, NZ – 94 points
• “A stunning and exceptionally aromatic Sauvignon Blanc.” – Matthew Jukes, UK
• “A terrific Marlborough sauvignon blanc” Vic Harradine, CAN – 4.5 stars
• “A touch of complexity and finely balanced.”– Michael Cooper, NZ – 4.5 stars